- Archive Bit- Tells whether a file has been changed since it was last backed up.
- Bad Sector- A disk sector that can not hold data reliably because of damage.
- Batch File- A set of commands stored in a file for execution by the operating system.
- Buffer- A block of memory used to temporarily store data.
- Device-driver- A memory resident program that controls an unusual device (e.g. extended memory).
- File- A collection of information kept somewhere other than RAM.
- Formatting- Preparing a disk so that the computer can read or write to it.
- Parallel- A method of transferring data in which bits travels down parallel electrical paths simultaneously.
- Utility- Programs that carry out routine procedures to make computing easier.